Wednesday 29 July 2009

So, a little about this particular iteration...

RPAdvice has already existed as a chat channel on the Sha'tar for a while now. The idea of a blog is a bit new, though - I've spoken about it in there, and thrown around a few ideas, but I've not run off with the idea until now (because I'm fairly lazy. And I have an opticians appointment.) Anyway, here's the basic idea;

This isn't a how to roleplay guide
Its main purpose is that of an archive; there are so many excellent little thoughts, tips and answers that pass through RPA any given day, I feel terrible that some of them slip away. Instead of having them vanish, I thought I'd keep them up here.

This isn't my soapbox
This is another user content blog. That means I'm not going to tell you how to roleplay. Instead, you get to tell me how to roleplay. I'll draft up submission rules shortly, so people can send in some of their larger thoughts about roleplaying.

Actually, I was lying
I'll be honest - this is actually a fairly good place for me to talk about why I do things the way I do things. I promise not to turn it into my LiveJournal, mind. (I actually use Twitter. No, don't search for me.)

My aim with this blog is to take the excellent RPAdvice concept, and expand it until it becomes even better at doing what it does best - supporting roleplayers and encouraging roleplaying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search